Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas 2013....LOVE my boy! (Elder Gutierrez-Gomez)

FELIZ NAVIDAD!!!
 
This week was pretty slow again :/
 
Last P-day, we got the great opportunity to get up at 530 and wax the car. We always go with the ZL's in their car, so we often give rides. Last week, we gave lots! By the time we got home, we only had about an hour to ourselves. Normally, we have 3 or 4. Packed day!! We had a sad lesson with a man we have been teaching, informing him that he can't be baptized unless he gets a job that doesn't make him work on Sundays. As important as church is, I don't agree with this decision. I feel like he is ready to be baptized, whether or not he will be able to come to church often. Several members have asked me about it as well, all of us thinking he should be able to be baptized. Hopefully that gets resolved in the next couple weeks.
 
We had a zone conference this week as well. THAT was a spiritual meeting! We heard from several missionaries, as well as our AP's and the President and his wife. Very good information that will help us improve as missionaries. I was able to play piano for that meeting, as well as most others that I am in. There not much that is more spiritual than being in a room full of missionaries singing songs about Christ. I love Christmas songs! Later in the night, we visited with a family we used to teach. They are getting married this week so that they can be baptized before the year ends. They said they will invite us to both their wedding and baptism, and maybe even ask us to perform the baptisms as well.
 
On Wednesday, we were able to get a LOT of great studies in. I am doing my best to organize and perfect my Libro de Mormon according to the bulk of the scriptures we use daily on the mission. My goal is to make them organized enought to use them for the rest of my life. After dinner that night, we met the sister missionaries at a house of one of our most progressing investigators. We unfortunately found that she and her family live across the street from our area. The meeting to transfer missionaries was a sad one. All three of the girls started to cry and the younger kids all ran up and hugged us. The sisters were VERY impressed with how well we have taught them and even more so with how well we filled out the progress records. While we walked home, a lady yelled at us from across the street for 10 minutes about the church. It was some pretty colorful language she had about mormons. Right after that, we saw a homeless man dancing in circles in the road. Gotta love Phoenix ;)
 
Elder Gutierrez's tires were both flat for a while, so we went this morning to get new ones. It took us almost 2 hours to get there and back, and another 2 hours to fix it. A LOT of wasted time. At least we have bikes now. We barely had time to plan for the week, which is KEY in staying organized. As we were riding towards a few homes, it started POURING rain!!! It was crazy! We were soaked in a matter of minutes, and the majority of the roads were flooded. Sidewalks as well. We got splashed by waves when cars passed. It was insane!! We visited a less active, but he was STONED out of his mind, so we just kind of walked away and left him. We visited another less active, and found out that he has been studying the Jehovah's witness bible for the last little bit. No wonder why he has so many weird questions.
 
Friday was a SOLID day!! We did exchanges, so I was with our DL for the day. We went to the hospital to get my heart tests done. Luckily I am ok, but the best part, was the President's wife met us there and let me call my Mom!! It was so good to talk to her, but really unexpected. That was the first out of two times I am going to talk to her this week! :)
 
We had another exchange on Saturday. I was with Elder Haney in his apartment, which I love, because they have a really nice gym!! I was finally able to get some decent exercise in! It was a day of studying for us, but that night, we went to the Asian buffet that we go to once a month. It was GOOOD.
 
Church, as always, was great! As a missionary, you are able to feel the Spirit so much stronger! We had a Christmas program, which was great. It really keeps the reason behind CHRISTmas in our minds. We did visits with a member, and he challenged everyone to give a gift to the Savior. That is my challenge to you. Whether it be service, bringing more people to the gospel, or just being nice to everyone, give Him a gift he will enjoy.
 
Sorry this is so long, but I thought I should make up for the pathetic one last week.
 
Love you all and Merry Christmas!
 
Elder Pilkington

No comments:

Post a Comment