Monday, April 7, 2014

April 2, 2014

Well, it's been a couple weeks. Still not a whole ton of exciting things happening out here.
Last week, I got a call from the Relief Society of the branch, and they wanted me to play their Joseph Smith for their activity. I had to dress up kind of and read a few paragraphs. Pretty cool stuff.
I also was invited to attend a large meeting. We had some church representatives come down from Utah and speak to us. One was the Director of Proselyting for the missionaries, and the other was the Director of Referrals. They only invited about 40 out of the 120 missionaries that there are in the mission. Still not really sure why I was one of them, but very happy to have had the chance to attend. I learned so much from them on how to become a better missionary! So many great ideas that were opened up to us. They also told us that in the next few months, we will be getting ipads. Nothing new to us, we've been told that since I got to Arizona.
We had the opportunity to do a church tour practice this week as well. Even though it was only a practice and we didn't have an investigator with us, it was great to feel of the Spirit in the building. It's crazy to think that 1 year ago, I was annoyed that I had to go to church. Now I see the Spirit that comes and the blessings as well. There is such a great importance that I guess I didn't realize before my mission. It is so hard for me to see all these less actives around me that have no desire to go back. If they only could see it from the perspective that I am at right now....
The successes that we HAVE had this week, have been small, powerful, spiritual lessons. We have been able to find a few more people, making our count of investigators about 15 now. Unfortunately, not all of them are progressing like we would like. The ones that are have honestly been prepared to be taught. One of them is new as of this week, and our very first lesson, he kept telling us how much it all made sense to him. He had a huge smile on his face as we invited him to be baptized. He happily accepted the invitation for the 26th of April.
We still have another date for April 26 with Alejandro. He is progressing spiritually, but is in an unfortunate situation with his family right now. His wife is extremely Catholic and she does not want anything to do with us. The more we go over, the worse it gets.
I have to go, but please pray for these people!

I am so grateful for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment