Wednesday, April 16, 2014

April 14, 2014

This week has been a little bit slower than normal, but we have still had some great experiences throughout the week.
Tuesday was the busiest day this week by far! We got out to work around noon and we were able to have five powerful lessons. We got two new investigators that day. At the end of the day, Elder Pope and I looked at each other and discussed how we both had been praying all morning for the chance to teach a lot. The Lord definitely answered our prayers!
Unfortunately, my companion was sick for the bulk of the day on Wednesday. We were in the house for a good part of the morning to let him rest and get better, but we were able to do exchanges later in the day so we could get work done in our area. I went with another Elder in my branch, Elder Broomhead to visit people in my area while he stayed home with Elder Clements. As we went around, we found a lot of people home, but nobody wanted to talk. We stopped at a less active member's house, trying to talk to her husband, who is investigating the church. Unfortunately we found out that she had a restraining order put on him that morning. He's been put on the back burner for now.
On Thursday, we had an awesome Zone Training Meeting (ZTM)! There were some amazing trainings given by other missionaries in our zone. It was a great, very spirit felt time.
After getting our weekly planning done on Friday, we were able to go to a baptism in my last area in Phoenix; The Monterrey Branch!! One of my best friends was baptized! Aaron, who I was able to teach for a long time, had finally accepted a baptismal date! We had become really close while I was there, because we are the same age and had a lot in common. It's amazing to watch him grow! I was there for his wedding, (where Elder Gutierrez and I met him), and when his second daughter was born and then for his baptism! Of course it was great to see so many members that I loved as well. We even had time to go home and teach a lesson!
We did exchanges on Saturday. I was able to spend the day with one of my Zone Leaders, Elder Lomu. We did several hours of service!! I absolutely love service. I feel like it is the best way to share the Love of Christ with others. To some missionaries it is a waste of time, but I disagree with that completely! More than that, we are able to find other people to teach as well. After our service, we got ready and studied and got out to teach. We were only able to find a couple less active families at home, but had great, spiritual lessons with both of them. That night, the Spanish missionaries were invited to a small gathering before the Easter Pageant. We had good food and got to spend a little time with our less actives. We had several investigators tell us they would meet us there, but didn't get there until too late. Luckily, they didn't miss any of the Pageant, which outlined the Life of Jesus Christ. It was soooo good!
I have been able to feel the Spirit so much this week as I have gone around and spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ to others. I know that as we are always seeking to learn more and be better people, He will bless us and stand by us in the things we do.

I want to invite everyone to watch the Church's new video, about Christ, to celebrate Easter. The website is: www.mormon.org/becauseofHim or
                 http://easter.mormon.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment