Monday, January 13, 2014

January 8, 2014

Hola todos!!!
 
This has been a great past few weeks! So many great things have happened since I last wrote, but unfortunately, I don't have a ton of time today to describe everything in detail.
 
Here are the basics:
 
New Years Eve: We were instructed to be in no later than 7 due to possible drunk drivers and other issues that could arise. We were able to attend a wedding of some investigators we started teaching, but had to pass on due to some 'bad blood' in the branch. They got married, so that she could get baptized with her daughter. The baptism happened on Saturday, and we didn't have the opportunity to attend. Although technically they weren't our investigators, we counted those baptisms as partially ours. We went back to the apartment and watched 17 miracles and slept. Also, I tried Menudo for the first time, and I wasn't as bad as people say, but at the same time, I wouldn't ever want to eat it again. My uncle was right when he said 'it tastes like stinky feet'. (Sorry to those of you who like it. Sounds kind of mean, but hey, the truth hurts).
 
On New Years Day, we did a Tri- zone activity. We basically spent 7 hours watching movies OR playing board games OR playing sports. I stayed with the sports the whole time, and we played dodgeball, basketball, football, soccer, rugby, frisbee, etc. It was a good day!!
 
We have a few new investigators. One is an 80 yr old woman who can't walk, see, or hear very well. Maybe we can find the lessons is braill? (Not sure if that's how you spell it) She is VERY close to God, and wants to improve her life. Other investigators are a younger woman who is learning english. She is very VERY catholic, so wish us luck. If any of you have any Bible references that are SOLID, let me know. I know a few, but probably not enough.
 
We gave several blessings this week as well. Those are my favorite part of being a missionary! The best part about it, is they don't stop when my mission does! :) Several times this week, I have been so spiritually lifted that I don't feel like I am walking. Those feelings are absolutely amazing!
 
Testimony meeting here was amazing as well! There were more people sitting on the stage waiting to share their testimonies and thoughts than there were in the congregation. That is how it should be EVERYWHERE!!
 
Well, that's it for now. I am just about out of time.
 
Have a great week!
 
Carino,
 
Elder Pilkington

No comments:

Post a Comment