Monday, January 13, 2014

January 13, 2014 Quit touching me!

Lots of great stuff happened this week! And with all greatness, comes trial as well.
 
Last P-day I got in a little argument, that led me to hit another Elder. I have never been all that fond of men touching other men, and it happens A LOT here. Who would've thought on a mission? Anyway, one thing led to another and I ended up hitting him a couple times. The GOOD thing is that it stopped. Problem solved.
 
We have had several, meetings, conferences, and lessons that have helped me realize my full potential as a missionary, and how I can reach it. I have several plans to start becoming the best I can be. I know the person the Lord wants me to be, and I want to do all I can to become that person.
 
The best part of my week was being able to read my patriarchal blessing during personal study one day. I have strong testimony now, that as we are going through life, whether we are enduring challenges or things are all going well, if we prayerfully and reverently read and reflect upon our blessings, they will come to great significance throughout our lives.
 
We got up early one morning to attend a meeting with Elder Holland. We woke up at 330 and picked everyone up in time so that we could be there by 630. We were told however, that he wouldn't be able to make it. Instead, we heard from Elder Wright, who is still a General Authority. His message to us was powerful and direct. It was spiritual and to the point. He quoted Elder Holland and President Hinckley when he said, "It can't be possible to serve a full mission, do the things we have asked of you to do, change peoples lives towards Christ, and THEN go home to become inactive". Although I have no intention of leaving the church when I get home, this powerful talk, (instruction rather), helped me realize the importance of becoming truly converted to this gospel.
 
Aside from these few events that took place, the work is going. Not quite the degree that I would like, but it's not up to me. I just follow the promptings and do as I'm told.
 
Love Elder Pilkington

No comments:

Post a Comment