Monday, October 7, 2013

Week 5-Last week at MTC! (Elder Hall)

Hola cada uno!!
 
Como estan?!
 
I am doing great, but still having some struggles with my comp.....
 
Before I go into the negative, I just want to let everyone know my feelings. This gospel, El Evangelio de Jesucristo, is amazing. The things it teaches and principles it covers are all in place to help us feel loved in this world. The Lord has blessed us ALL with families so that we can help each other learn and progress in a positive manner. I am extremely grateful for my whole family and the different lessons each of them teach me. My parents have taught me an unbelievable amount of both worldly and spiritual traits. My grandparents too. My grandpa, Pop, is with my everyday, helping me with any problems I struggle with. I know my uncle is too. He had a little bit of a difficult run in his life.  Had his leaders, both in the church and not, as well as the kids he associated with, been more open and loving to him, I know his life would have gone differently. In fact he would have still been here I think. It is so extremely important for us to ALWAYS treat others with kindness and love, regardless of your feelings towards them. 
(I was tempted to say IRRegardless, just to annoy my Mom and Aunt Missi ;) )
 
In saying this, yes I have had a lot of stress and a lot of problems with my comp still this week that I won't mention because I know how upset many of you would be by it, but I have had my uncle in my mind this week as well. I know without a doubt that if this Elder went home, whether by his choice or others, he would leave the church. It's more important to me for him to stay active and build his testimony of the church while he serves, than for me to feel stress free. The Lord often works in mysterious ways. This is a perfect example. At first, I wondered why my President would put me in the same situation that Elder Castleton almost went home for. Then I realized President Stewart works under The Lord. This wasn't his idea, it was His idea. He knows my abilities much better than I do. If He trusted me enough to put me in this situation, He must have a plan for me, that I can't quite see yet. Like I mentioned in my farewell talk, we don't always know why we get put in certain situations, but The Lord ALWAYS does. He knows what He is doing, and we need to forget about ourselves and our personal desires and put all our faith and trust in Him.
 
Proverbs 3:5-6 portrays this perfectly. As I have focused more on The Lords plan for us, I have been able to see that there IS a light at the end of my tunnel, and that we can become great, but we must first let ourselves go into The Lord's hands.
 
I leave in a week from Monday and I can't wait!! It will be an adventure! I'm not feeling too ready as far as language goes, but again, I'm just going to work my hardest and let The Lord help me with the rest. 
 
As far as letters and packages go, I would say Friday next week would be THE LATEST you can send anything and still have it get to me. After Friday early afternoon, start sending things to the Arizona address. Thank you again to everyone who sends me things! It makes my attitude change everyday!
 
I was playing basketball yesterday and had close to 40 points for the hour I played. I was unstoppable! I hit 8 3's in a row and everyone was shocked. Just thought I'd let you know.
 
The President told me last Sunday that had the companionship arrangements been different, I would have been zone leader. I guess he likes me a lot. 
 
Thanks for reading my letters! I'll send one last letter from the MTC next week before I head off to AZ.
 
Sincerely,
Elder Pilkington
 
PS. I doubt any of you are more excited for conference than I am, and I don't even have a couch to sit on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment